We get frequent requests from our readers to post some very simple recipes that even beginners can cook. We normally cook many such dishes every day, but when it comes to blogging, we start thinking if it is really worth posting?. But now we are going to make a conscious effort to post such recipes here. This is a very simple green peas usal(usli) that my sister prepares frequently.
Green peas is very seasonal here. Frozen peas are not available in market in our place. So when we visited our daughter, this was one of the dishes I made frequently. It is a simple dish where every ingredient gives a nice taste to the dish. When frozen peas are used, it gets ready within few minutes.
Add mustard, cumin seeds, green chillies/red chilli powder, turmeric to hot oil.
Add green peas, little water, salt, cover and cook till peas are done.
Garnish with coconut and coriander leaves
|Green Peas Usal (Usli)|| || |
- 2 cups fresh/frozen green peas
- 1 tea spn cumin seeds
- 1 tea spn mustard seeds
- 3-4 green chillies or ½ tea spn chili powder
- A pinch turmeric
- 1 tbl spn coriander leaves
- 1 tbl spn fresh/frozen coconut
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds. When they start popping, add green chillies or chilli powder, turmeric.
- Add green peas, a little water, salt, cover and cook till peas are done.
- Take off heat, now sprinkle coconut, coriander leaves. Serve hot with chapatis.