Feed A Hungry Child is a non-profit organization formed by V.K.N of My Dhaba.
feedahungrychild.org is a not-for-profit charitable organization formed in a collaborative effort of the like-minded people from all around the world. It aims to replace the empty plates of the underprivileged children and replace them with ones of food. While FAHC addresses the holistic needs of each children it supports, it believes illiteracy, malnutrition, and other concerns can only be addressed when hunger is appeased.
With the help of volunteers, FAHC has begun its support to a pilot batch of 14 children and their families since April 2007 out of which 8 children are girls. Please see the event report for details. This year we are also fundraising to support more children, so would be extremely grateful of any help or contributions you can give to FAHC. Funds from FAHC programs go directly to the children and their families. We do not have any paid employees or any other direct administrative expenses.
The goal of the campaign is to raise $3,360 by October 23, 2007.
What you can do?
Please donate by clicking “Chip In” in the following
You can donate any amount.
Each $25 donation will give you one raffle ticket towards a prize(Details of prizes are given below).
After you donate, please forward your payment confirmation message to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly specifying which prize or prizes you are interested in. Do mention how many tickets per prize, for example, a donation of $50 will buy you 2 raffle tickets.
For all correspondence by email, please use the same email address that you have used for your Chip-in contribution. This helps to validate your entry to the raffle and to contact you should you win a prize. For each prize, a raffle winner will be picked.
The event will close on 23rd October and raffle prize winners will be announced on 25th.
If you need more information about the prizes, please contact Indira at email@example.com.
List of Raffle prizes
- Grains, Greens and Grated Coconuts, Recipes and Remembrances of a Vegetarian Legacy by Ammini Ramachandran – Donated by Indira
- A Gift Box of Spice Extracts – Donated by Anjali Damerla of Supreme Spice
- Two copies of Complete Digital photography by Ben Long – Donated by Bee and Jai of Jugalbandi.
- Two autographed copies of Indian Home Cooking by Suvir Saran – Donated by the chef and author Suvir Saran
- Two autographed copies of the just released cookbook American Masala by Suvir Saran – Donated by the chef and author Suvir Saran
- Two prizes: Dinner for two each, wine included, at Suvir Saran’s restaurant DÃ©vi in New York City – Donated by chef and owner of DÃ©vi, Suvir Saran
- Two ready-to-wear children’s sarees in red and green colors. Donated by Manisha of Indian Food Rocks
- A delectable Fair Trade Hamper with fabulous goodies – Donated by Padmaja of Spicy Andhra
- A beautiful hand-painted plate with a name of your choice – Donated by Mythili of Vindu
- 30-Minute Meals ~ by Rachel Ray – Donated by Siri of Siriâ€™s Corner
To the list above, I am adding one of my latest paintings, ‘Mountain Valley’ – Oil on Canvas 16 X 20 as a raffle prize.
If you choose this painting and you win, you get my favorite painting that I’ve done so far.
For those who don’t know what a raffle prize is :
Raffle prize is lottery in which the prizes are goods rather than money. In the above campaign, you can buy a ticket for any of the prizes at Mahanandi. On 25th, there will be a draw and if your ticket wins, you will be sent the gift. No extra charges for shipping.
Please chip in. THANKS!!.