Tomato omelet (Vegetarian)
A healthy vegetarian omelet made with tomatoes and different flours
- 3/4 cup gram flour besan
- 1/2 cup wheat flour optional
- 2 tbl spns fine wheat sooji/rava
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tea spn cumin seeds
- 1/2 tea spn chopped ginger
- 1 tea spn chili powder or 2-3 finely chopped green chilies
- 1/2 tea spn coriander powder optional
- 1/2 tea spn cumin powder optional
- 3-4 strands chopped coriander leaves
- A pinch turmeric
Mix all the ingredients (except oil/ghee) with water to get to dosa batter consistency.
Heat tava(nonstick preferred), spread the batter into thin omelets.
Drizzle some oil/ghee on top.
Turn the omelet upside down and fry on other side.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup (or mint chutney).