Hope you all had a happy Ganesh chaturthi. We had a small pooja at home, kids had a lovely time. After all that heavy eating for the festival, we craved for something simple. I prepared these Kale parathas last week and they came out really good.
People are going crazy about Kale or leafy cabbage these days. You hear about kale chips, kale soup etc. I have tried earlier to include this in our diet. My family was not very impressed with it. Personally I liked kale soup. This time I thought of completely hiding it in some dish. I make spinach parathas very often and my kids love it. So I decided to make kale parathas. They came out really good. I quickly clicked some pictures to post it here.
- 1 bunch kale - remove thick stems
- 1 tea spn cumin seeds
- 3 green chillies
- 1 tbl spn plain yogurt/curd
- 1 tea spn garam masala
- 3 cups wheat flour
- Remove the stems of kale and chop roughly.
- Heat a cup of water and put kale. Cook for 3-4 mins (or steam it).
- Grind to a smooth paste with green chillies.
- Add cumin seeds, yogurt, garam masala, salt.
- Add wheat flour and mix it well to make a soft dough.
- Take small ball of dough, roll into a circle.
- Apply ghee or oil and then fold into triangle.
- Roll again into thin round.
- Roast on a hot tava.
- Serve hot with a spicy side dish or with plain yogurt and pickle.