It is festival season with Diwali just around the corner. I miss the festivities here that we had in India. Over the years we have started celebrating few festivals in a small scale. Ganesh Chaturthi is one festival which we celebrate every year without fail. We think of inviting all our friends but that hasn’t happened yet. We completely focus on a nice pooja with a good spread of food. This year it was a really packed day, I still made a big spread. For sweets, we usually have 5 kinds of sweets. I wanted to pick something simple, so I made these fig burfis.
I bought Figs/Anjeer for the first time to make smoothies. I initially thought of making anjeer modaks but later went with just the burfis. The pictures do not make justice to this dish. I tried to click a good picture but failed and gave up after a few trials. You have to trust me when I say they tasted amazing.
|Fig Burfi (Anjeer Burfi)|| |
- 7-8 figs(anjeer)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 heaped tea spn ghee
- ¼ tea spn cardamom powder
- Chop figs into small pieces.
- Take the pieces and sugar in food processor and pulse them till they are well mixed.
- Heat ghee and add the mixture.
- Mix it for a couple of mins(just to warm it through).
- Take off heat and add cardamom powder.
- Make small balls of the mixture and press them slightly to give a peda like look, or cut them into desired shapes.