Living in Kansas for more than 9 years now, we have made some very close friends. We feel it is such a blessing when we are so far away from family. One of our friends invited us for dinner during Thanksgiving holidays. I was supposed to take a dish, but I had no energy to make anything that day. So my friend prepared the whole dinner. The dish that I loved most was a eggs in coriander leaves curry. I remember I had tasted a similar curry sometime before, but don’t know where. She shared her recipe with me. I tried it at home with few changes and we loved it.
Eggs in Green Curry
- 5 boiled eggs
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4-5 cloves
- 2 green chillies
- 2 " cinnamon
- 1 tea spn chopped garlic
- 1 tea spn chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup tomatoes optional
- 1 tbl spn wheat flour mixed with little water
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves use all thick stems and leaves
- Heat a little oil and add cloves,cinnamon.
- When they are fried, add 1/2 cup onion and fry till they are translucent.
- Grind the onions with coriander leaves, ginger, garlic, green chillies and 1/4 cup tomatoes.
- Heat little oil and add remaining onions, fry till translucent.
- Add the ground paste, enough water to bring to required consistency.
- Slowly slide in the halved boiled eggs, remaining tomatoes, salt.
- Now add the wheat flour mixed in water and carefully mix, taking care not to break the eggs.
- Cook till the gravy starts boiling.
- Serve hot with chapati or rice.