I have this crazy desire to make different kinds of chicken dishes every time. I change one or the other ingredient every time to see if I can come up with a new dish. Most of the times they all taste almost same even though I switch around something. V loves spicy chicken, so few weeks ago I tried this spicy pepper masala chicken. It reminded me of our days in Bangalore when we loved to eat at Andhra restaurants. I served it with simple spinach dal and rice. It was a very comforting meal.
Fry onions and ginger-garlic paste.
Add all the dry masalas and fry for few minutes.
Add tomatoes and cook till they are mushy. Then add marinated chicken. Cook till done.
Pepper Masala Chicken
A spicy dry chicken recipe with pepper masala.
- 1 lb 1/2 kg approx boneless chicken
- A pinch turmeric
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup tomatoes
- 1 tea spn chilli powder
- 1/2 tea spn coarse pepper powder
- 1 tea spn coriander powder
- 1 tea spn cumin powder
- 1/2 tea spn garam masala
- 1/2 tea spn amchoor powder
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 1 tea spn ginger garlic powder
- 1 tbl spn plain yogurt curd
- Apply turmeric powder, a little salt and yogurt to chicken pieces and keep aside for atleast 1 hr.
- Heat oil, add curry leaves, onion, ginger-garlic paste.
- Fry till onion is slightly brownish.
- Now add all dry powders, fry for a min till nice aroma comes out.
- Add tomatoes and fry till they are mushy.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well.
- Cover and cook till chicken is done. In between mix everything couple of times to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Serve hot.
15 thoughts on “Pepper Masala Chicken”
Looks Yummy…. will try it over this weekend.. 🙂
Looks yummy.. will try this over the weekend 🙂
Looks yummy and delicious!
Wow! pepper masala is great edition in my chicken recipes. Thanks Shilpa for this recipe.
Hi I am an amchigale too!!. Love your website!! Pepper chicken is one of our favorite dishes to order from a restaurant. Your version looks good… in my saved recipes to try sooon!!!
I wanna try this recipe at home. I am bored of earting curry chicken and was looking for a different recipe. thanks for sharing this
Looks Yummy..! I Will Try This Today. I Don’t Know How To Cook, So I Can Order This From Foodpanda.
great chicken recipe, i’m a pepper fan so there’s no reason to skip this. Thx for sharing
Seems to be very delicious.Can’t wait to eat this awesome dish.
Keep sharing more dishes.
nice post thanks for sharing.
I love pepper masala chicken and it’s look awsome
Tried it and it came out delicious!! Thank you