I have this crazy desire to make different kinds of chicken dishes every time. I change one or the other ingredient every time to see if I can come up with a new dish. Most of the times they all taste almost same even though I switch around something. V loves spicy chicken, so few weeks ago I tried this spicy pepper masala chicken. It reminded me of our days in Bangalore when we loved to eat at Andhra restaurants. I served it with simple spinach dal and rice. It was a very comforting meal.
Pepper Masala Chicken
- 1 lb 1/2 kg approx boneless chicken
- A pinch turmeric
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup tomatoes
- 1 tea spn chilli powder
- 1/2 tea spn coarse pepper powder
- 1 tea spn coriander powder
- 1 tea spn cumin powder
- 1/2 tea spn garam masala
- 1/2 tea spn amchoor powder
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 1 tea spn ginger garlic powder
- 1 tbl spn plain yogurt curd
- Apply turmeric powder, a little salt and yogurt to chicken pieces and keep aside for atleast 1 hr.
- Heat oil, add curry leaves, onion, ginger-garlic paste.
- Fry till onion is slightly brownish.
- Now add all dry powders, fry for a min till nice aroma comes out.
- Add tomatoes and fry till they are mushy.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well.
- Cover and cook till chicken is done. In between mix everything couple of times to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Serve hot.