Years ago, I discovered an Omlet pulao recipe and have since experimented with various modifications. Now, I’ve perfected a version that my family loves, which I’d like to share for future use. I usually make this on busy weekdays for a delicious dinner. Serve with a raita and a simple salad for a complete meal.
Omelette Pulao Recipe:
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 can thick coconut milk
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 cloves
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tea spn garam masala
- 1 tea spn fresh garlic-ginger paste
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tea spn chilli powder
- 2 tbl spn onion
- Coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan and add cardamom and cloves.
- Add onion and ginger-garlic paste and fry for few minutes.
- Add chopped tomato; cook until it turns mushy.
- Stir in chili powder and garam masala; fry briefly.
- Add washed basmati rice to the pan(if needed, add more water); stir-fry for few minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk, season with salt, and cook till rice is done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Prepare an omelette using eggs, coriander leaves, chili powder, and chopped onion; cut into small squares once cooked.
- Mix omelette pieces into cooked rice gently before serving.