It was last November/December when I had invited my friend Leslie and her family for dinner. She brought a big batch of sugar cookies that were beautifully decorated with some colored sugar. Ishaan was around 3 and 1/2 then. He ate atleast 4-5 cookies in one go. I had never seen him liking any cookie like that. I asked Leslie for the recipe and she was very kind to share it with me. It then sat there for a long time. I was pregnant at that time and somehow forgot all about it.
Then last month for Thanksgiving, I thought I would bake some cookies and send to Ishaan’s school. I remembered these cookies because I knew kids would love these. I asked for the recipe again. But then I got busy and could not bake. Finally we decided to bake this yesterday. Ishaan wanted to help decorate them. He decorated using M&Ms and chocolate chips. He said he is practising patterns – he had arranged the toppings in some pattern in all rows. Once done, he counted all to see how many we had in each tray. I really enjoyed the whole experience. I think Santa will get some of these cookies if Ishaan does not eat all of these before 24th!. Thank you Leslie for the recipe.
|Sugar Cookies|| |
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup oil
- 2 egg whites
- 4½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tea spn cream of tarter
- 1 tea spn baking soda
- 1 tea spn salt
- 1 tea spn vanilla extract
- Beat together sugar, powdered sugar, butter and oil.
- Then add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Preheat the oven at 375F for 10mins.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 mins. (see notes)
- Shape them into small rounds and decorate as you wish.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.