My 7 year old is a very active little guy who loves to run around entire day. I have tried giving him healthy food, but he is not great when it comes to eating. The other day I was discussing about healthy snack bars with a friend. I have to make an honest effort hereafter to make energy packed snack bars for him. But as a first step, I thought of making some cupcakes for him, which I could give him after school. The dates almond oats cupcakes came out so good, I had to note down the recipe.
My initial plan was to make dates cake. But then I thought cupcakes would be more interesting for them. I started modifying the recipe to make it little bit more wholesome. I added almonds, oats and butter, since he definitely needs some protein and fats in his body. I used mejdool dates which are quite sweet, so reduced the sugar amount. Finally used wheat flour (chapati atta) instead of all purpose flour for some more added nutrition. My 3 year old was helping me make these, so I asked him to add some chocolate chips. They loved the cupcakes, I think I am ready to make a second batch soon(when I can find energy and time).
Heat dates, almond, oats with milk and grind.
Mix all other ingredients. Top with chocolate chips.
Bake at 350F.
Dates Almond Oats Cupcakes
- 16 mejdool dates use any kind
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup oats regular kind
- 1 and 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 tea spn baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 rd cup wheat flour
- Cupcake liners
- Chocolate chips optional
- Take the dates(after removing pits), almonds and oats in a bowl. Add milk to it.
- Heat it for few mins till the milk is warm (I microwaved for 2 mins).
- Grind to smooth paste (does not have to be too smooth).
- Now add melted butter and mix.
- Then add sugar, baking soda, flour, mix well.
- Line the cupcake pan with liners and fill them to about 3/4th.
- Top with chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven at 350F for about 10mins.
- Bake for about 30mins or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Store in air tight container
8 thoughts on “Dates Almond Oats Cupcakes”
sweet post like your sweet dish. it’s so delicious cupcakes……
Hi shilpa, I was looking for a real healthy snack for my kids which would also fulfil their sugar craving post their swim sessions. I baked these today, and it is simply one of the best cupcakes I’ve ever tasted! And filled with so many goodies! Thank you so much!
I love cupcakes!! I really want to adopt this for online customers. This really really great recipe.
I love your blog so much. It’s an amazing recipe because I love cupcakes so much. Keep posting such an amazing post.
Is it possible to use oil instead of butter and Almond milk instead of fresh milk!
Fab Cupcakes !! Want to make them at home!! Thanks for the Information