Once in a while, I get infected by bugs – like baking bug, craft bug etc. Last week I had a baking fever. Almost every day of the week, I baked something.
My husband read some nutritional facts of blueberry during one of his browsing sessions. So he went in search of these beauties. I knew these would come home, sit in refrigerator for few days and then die a natural death. Thats exactly what happened. They were sitting in fridge for over a week begging to be used by someone :). So to end their misery, I made these. These became an instant hit. He skipped his dinner the day I made these. They taste great when they are just out of oven. Next day, heat them a bit in microwave and they are good as new.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tea spns baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tea spn lemon zest
- 1 tea spn vanilla extract
- 1/8 th tea spn salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tbl spn all purpose flour
- A pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 tb spn butter
- Preheat the oven at 350 F for 10mins.
- Mix butter and sugar.
- When they are mixed well, add egg, vanilla extract and milk. Mix well.
- Now add the dry ingredients-flours, salt & baking powder a little at a time.
- Mix till it forms a uniform mixture.
- Now add zest and blueberries.
- Fold them with a spoon.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Fill them 3/4th with the mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ingredients of the topping.
- Spread a little mixture on top of each muffin.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 350F for about 15mins or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.