We are not huge fans of burgers. We avoid them when we can. But there are some days when we like a good burger. I personally like chicken burgers and rarely get vegetarian burgers. I have many friends who are absolute fans of black bean burgers. I decided to try my hands at making them at home. But instead of black beans, I used whole masoor. These masoor burgers were hearty, delicious and spicy, the way we like it. They made a very filling dinner.
- For Patties:
- 1 and 1/2 cup whole masoor
- 1/2 cup grated or finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tea spn chopped garlic
- 1 tbl spn chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tea spn chilli powder
- 1 tea spn garam masala
- 1/2 tea spn coriander powder
- 1/2 tea spn amchoor powder
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- For burger:
- Burger buns
- Cheese slice
- Tomato slices
- Cook masoor with garlic in pressure cooker (about 3-4 whistles).
- Mash the masoor well.
- Now add all other ingredients for patties (except bread crumbs).
- Mix well and shape into patties.
- Roll the patties in bread crumbs.
- Heat little oil and fry them.
- Make burgers with burger buns, cheese slice, tomato, lettuce and patties.